Why Mobile Responsive Web Design is Important
Posted by Wally Narwhal on Feb 27, 2015 7:00:00 AM
I am curious as to what device you are reading this on? Could it be on a laptop? Maybe you’re at work on a desk? Or – perhaps you have a smartphone in your hand and you’re thumbing through this page.
There are so many different types of devices on the market these days. Current market research shows that mobile internet usage is set to grow even larger in 2015 and increase of sixteen percent from 2010. This would mean that the amount of mobile internet users will overtake the amount of desktop users.
A responsive web design is what allows a website the ability to wrap and adapt to the size of the current screen that it is being viewed on. If someone is opening your website on a smartphone it will appear vastly different than the same page on a laptop or desktop computer. The site automatically reformats the page to give the user a better experience suited to their device. A Responsive design also takes into consideration the interaction which will make your site easier by acknowledging and integrating things like touch screen and special mobile aided navigation.
Sites used to be designed for desktop users first. Mobile versions were for too minimal and had a very small functional experience. When a team designs the site for mobile first, the end result in the experience is focused on the key tasks users want to be able to accomplish when viewing your website.
- Responsive sites work well across many existing devices on the market and should be a safe bet that it will be this way for a considerable time to come.
- When you optimize your site no matter what the end user decides to view it on will make their life easier. Happier customers makes for happier business.
- Mobile Responsive sites take a bit longer to design and develop, but they survive longer however management, upgrades and support only need to be applied to a single place. This will save time and money.
- Managing SEO for separate desktops and mobile sites is hard and it does not produce as great of results. Google recommends a responsive approach. Consolidating the view of your results means more focus.
- Having your site consistent and optimized no matter what platform you are using to view it from, will provide a better experience to the user which in turn will lead them to engage with you than deciding to go elsewhere.
We Love Mobile Responsive Web Designs
Having a mobile responsive web design is no longer a trend, it’s a must! Having the ability to offer your consumers a beautiful optimized experience no matter what their choice of device, means you will expand the reach of your service which will increase the chances you have of engaging with individuals. This approach is incredibly valuable and the cost effectiveness is a clear advantage.
Written by Wally Narwhal
Wally overseas (get it?) fun and silliness at Tribute Media as the company's acting mascot and unicorn of the sea.