Getting Started on YouTube
Posted by Wally Narwhal on Dec 9, 2013 5:03:00 PM
Create a Profile
- Set up an account for your business. Complete your profile with as much content about your business as possible.
- Decide what kind of videos you want to have on your channel.
- Consumers are interested in the inner workings of your business. They want to know you, your company culture, and the inner workings of your office.
- YouTube provides Analytics on any video. You’ll see when the video has been viewed; where the traffic came from; and the age, gender, and location of the audience.
- Use this data for your videos to confirm whether you are reaching the audience you intended, and to help your next production.
Write it Down
- Decide what the theme of your video is going to be.
- It’s a bad idea to take a camera and just start shooting. The best viral videos are tightly scripted productions and are agonized over until they were perfect.
- Audiences have a brief attention span for videos. Keep yours under 90 seconds long if possible.
Shooting your Video
- Shoot in high definition and in widescreen if you can.
- Check out your lighting. Take test shots to get a sense of how the video will look after it's made.
- Make sure you shoot in quiet locations, and avoid shooting outdoors on windy days.
- Shoot with a tripod. Don’t move the camera if it isn’t necessary.
- Edit fast and heavy: Get your video down to the shortest possible length, and cut out every last frame that doesn’t have to be in the finished product.
Polishing Your Video
- Upload your video to your channel.
- Tag each video with related topic keywords.
- If you’re making video an ongoing project, invite viewers to subscribe to your Channel. They will get your new videos sent directly to their home page.
Get it Out There
- Use your other social networking platforms to get the word out.
- You’ll want to embed videos directly on your own website as well.
You’re ready to create your fantastic YouTube business channel! We hope you found our tips helpful.
Written by Wally Narwhal
Wally overseas (get it?) fun and silliness at Tribute Media as the company's acting mascot and unicorn of the sea.