Is your company cool enough to be on YouTube? Yes you are! Making videos is a means of communicating with customers and marketing your wares. It is increasingly a means of promoting yourself more visibly via search engines. Here are easy tips on how to get started on YouTube as a business!
Create a Profile
- Set up an account for your business. Complete your profile with as much content about your business as possible.
- Decide what kind of videos you want to have on your channel.
- Consumers are interested in the inner workings of your business. They want to know you, your company culture, and the inner workings of your office.
- YouTube provides Analytics on any video. You’ll see when the video has been viewed; where the traffic came from; and the age, gender, and location of the audience.
- Use this data for your videos to confirm whether you are reaching the audience you intended, and to help your next production.
Write it Down
- Decide what the theme of your video is going to be.
- It’s a bad idea to take a camera and just start shooting. The best viral videos are tightly scripted productions and are agonized over until they were perfect.
- Audiences have a brief attention span for videos. Keep yours under 90 seconds long if possible.
Shooting your Video
- Shoot in high definition and in widescreen if you can.
- Check out your lighting. Take test shots to get a sense of how the video will look after it's made.
- Make sure you shoot in quiet locations, and avoid shooting outdoors on windy days.
- Shoot with a tripod. Don’t move the camera if it isn’t necessary.
- Edit fast and heavy: Get your video down to the shortest possible length, and cut out every last frame that doesn’t have to be in the finished product.
Polishing Your Video
- Upload your video to your channel.
- Tag each video with related topic keywords.
- If you’re making video an ongoing project, invite viewers to subscribe to your Channel. They will get your new videos sent directly to their home page.
Get it Out There
- Use your other social networking platforms to get the word out.
- You’ll want to embed videos directly on your own website as well.
You’re ready to create your fantastic YouTube business channel! We hope you found our tips helpful.