A picture really is worth a thousand words! Instagram isn’t just for teens anymore. It is becoming a must have for businesses. Setting up your Instagram account is a crucial part of building your web presence. It’s a platform that can be integrated into all of your other platforms.These guidelines should help you get started.
Register and set up
- Download the app on your smart phone, ipad, or tablet.
- Create a short username that relates to your brand. It is a good idea to make your username your company name with out spaces so your clients don’t get confused.
- Complete profile and select a profile photo. The photo should be your logo in most cases.
Show off your stuff
- Promote mobile window-shopping by using Instagram to show off your products.
- Snap photos of new products to build a buzz. Every time your business creates something new share it!
- Engage your followers by inviting user-generated content. Challenge them to post photos showing off creative uses of your products.
- Make sure they include your #hashtag.
Introduce your culture
- Introduce your followers to the environment in your office. Followers love to get to know you on a personal level. Take them inside your day, events, and workshops.
Expand your reach
- Cast a spotlight on special employees. Use the caption to share a bit about the employee.
Make spotlighting an ongoing campaign that features staff from different departments within your company to put faces with your brand.
- When you post a photo there is an option to connect it to your other social media networks. Tap the logos and connect to your network.
- Now your instagram feed will post on your other networks. This will send people to your instagram page and encourage your followers with instagram to follow you.
- Make sure when you post you use relevant #hashtags to make it easier for people to find your account.
Engage with your followers
- Post questions in captions.
- Comment back in a timely manner.
We hope you found our guide helpful! Good luck and start posting!
- If they post a photo of your stuff, repost it on the company page to show your appreciation.