Fix Broken Links
One of the most common support items we get is the request to fix broken or incorrect links. Below is the "how to" fix a broken link if you find youself really wanting to get your hands dirty.
- Log into your site, then go to the page where the link in question lives.
- Click the edit tab at the top of the page, and this will take you to a screen that allows you to edit the page content.
- Highlight the offending link, then depending on what verison of the editor you are using, you will want to click on a button that looks like this or like this .
- This will bring up the link editing window.
- If the webpage you are trying to link to is external, meaning its not on your site, then you can just copy and paste the URL into the URL box and click OK, then Save.
- If you are linking to a page on your site, then you will want to copy a section of the URL starting after the .com. For example, if the site is yoursite.com/images, then you would only paste the /images portion into the URL field. Click OK, then Save. Bam, your done.
Come back soon to get more tips and tricks for your Drupal 7 site.