One way to drive traffic to your website is through Local Search. Sites like Google Places, Yelp, and CitySmart can provide users with how to contact you. In this blog, I will attach a PDF on how to 'claim' your business listing on Google Places. It is a simple process that can provide great results.
Today the Local Business Center is becoming Google Places. Why? Millions of people use Google every day to find places in the real world. Google wants to connect their new service, “Place Pages”, to how businesses are being found today through online search. They also want a way for business owners to manage their presence on Google.
Google launched the new service last September for more than 50 million businesses around the world to help people make more informed decisions about where to go. They included restaurants and hotels to dry cleaners and bike shops, as well as non-business places like museums, schools and parks.
A “Place Page” is intended to connect people so they can find out about: the best sources across the web, displaying photos, reviews and essential facts, as well as real-time updates and offers from business owners.
Four million businesses have already claimed their Place Page on Google through the Local Business Center, which enables them to verify and supplement their business information to include hours of operation, photos, videos, coupons, product offerings and more.
Go to: places.google.com/business
1. Sign into your Google Account. If you do not have an account, click on the “Create an account now” button. Don’t worry, it’s free!
2. Click “List your business”.
3. Enter your business’ phone number. Google will attempt to locate information about your business to auto fill fields in the next screen.
4. Go through each section of the form and fill out the fields. Try to fill out as much information as possible because it will help prospects better identify your Company and it will help with search engine optimization.
As you fill out the fields, you will see your listing on the right hand of your screen start to populate with data. After you’ve filled out the form, click Submit.
5. The next screen will offer you two ways to verify your listing: by phone or by mail (this method will take 3-4 weeks). Each will provide a PIN that you will have to enter.
Your listing will need 24-48 hours to propagate before you’re able to see it.
For a printable version of how to claim your Google Places Listing, click here.